From Kelly Forst August 11, 2021
You’ve heard of subscriptions and payment plans. Now we’re rolling out donations and crowdfunding – plus templates to get you started quickly.
Whether you’re leaving your 9-5 behind or looking to make some extra money on the side, there are so many creative ways to make money these days.
On your landing page, you already know everything about selling products and services.
Perhaps you’ve considered setting up a membership service and selling subscriptions.
Or maybe you’ve set up payment plans so your customers can pay in installments.
But have you considered crowdfunding and donations?
What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is a means of raising funds for a specific project, company, or product through small financial contributions from a large number of people – usually friends, family, fans, followers, and others – prior to launch.
Ultimately, crowdfunding is a way to provide financial support for a business or entrepreneurial cause that you believe in and helps the creator achieve their goals.
These small financial contributions can either be donations or advance payments for early access to the product or service. Some entrepreneurs even offer rewards for those who contribute to their project.
Traditionally, business owners who wanted to use crowdfunding as a means of investing turned to websites like Kickstarter, GoFundMe, or Indiegogo. However, with AWeber Landing Pages, you can set up a crowdfunding campaign right from your own landing page.
What does a crowdfunding landing page look like?
Take a look at the crowdfunding landing page template put together for you by AWeber’s professional designers:
Let’s break down what this template does well:
- Provides a space for the creator to share their story, build empathy and a connection between the supporter and the creator
- Transparently explains the risks and challenges they face when starting their project, and makes it clear what the crowdfunding money will be used for
- Provides a space to answer frequently asked questions and to address concerns from potential supporters in advance
- Clearly outlines the different levels of support available and what the funder will get if they fund up to a certain amount
- Explicitly states when the project will start to raise expectations as to when the funder can expect the fruits of their funding to pay off
Would you like to use this template? Get started by selecting the “Crowdfunding” template right from your AWeber account!
Why should I accept donations?
Donations are another option for financial support from fans and followers.
Many creators accept donations from their loyal fans and followers. Those who love the helpful content provided by the creator often want to give back and find a way to support their meaningful work. Donations are an easy way for those who see value in your work to support you.
YouTubers used to take donations through sites like Buy Me a Coffee – but now you can set up similar donations right on your landing page.
See how we created a landing page (in this case for podcasters) to easily accept donations for the podcast:
What this landing page does well:
- The clean and simple design introduces the podcast theme and includes an embedded clip so new visitors can learn about your show firsthand
- Just sign up for the newsletter, which sets expectations about what subscribers will receive
- A clean and nicely designed box to support the podcast with different donation levels
- It includes an area to write a short blurb about the creator and social media buttons for visitors to easily follow
Would you like this designed landing page? Copy it to your AWeber account now!
Get started making money with AWeber by creating a landing page today
Crowdfunding and donations aren’t the only ways to make money with AWeber. You can collect one-time payments, set up recurring payments through payment plans, or even sell memberships and subscription services.
Learn more about ways to make money with AWeber today.