DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Based on SendPost’s features, pricing, and excellent support, SendPulse is one of the best email marketing platforms available on the market today. It is an affordable, powerful tool to power your digital marketing strategy. Some of its drawbacks include lack of video tutorials and complicated pricing, however, the ability to bulk send emails and the useful campaign analytics give SendPost’s users a unique value that some of its competitors do not. If you are a small or medium-sized business or blogger that wants to get the most out of your digital marketing efforts, SendPulse is absolutely worth a shot.
- Setup takes only minutes before you can start making the most of the app
- Automation 360 allows you to send emails based on variables, events, and the actions your users take
- Supports an unlimited number of notifications and subscribers
- 130+ email templates available
- Best features are not available with free plan
- Pricing for features is not intuitive
Best Email Marketing Platforms
Email marketing, email designer, automations, landing pages and commerce
Free plan available: 0 – 1000 subscribers + unlimited emails
Email marketing, website builder, marketing automation and conversion funnels
30 days free trial: 0 – 1000 subscribers + unlimited emails
Email marketing, automations, landing pages, sign up forms and integrations
Free plan available – 0 – 500 subscribers + unlimited emails
What is SendPulse? SendPulse Review
SendPulse is a digital marketing platform that is designed to bring you more leads and convert them to customers. The app does this using multiple channels such as email, SMS, and social media messengers, to interact with your customers.
SendPulse is best for small and medium-sized businesses and those that work in digital marketing who want to do more with their contact list than simply send out email newsletters. It can help you create email campaigns that reach your customers at the time they are most likely to read them, and provides analytics and data on your customers, segments, and conversion rates.
How Does SendPulse Work?
After creating a SendPulse account, you can import you contact lists to get started. From here, you can manage all of your emails, text messaging, and push notifications through the platform.
With SendPulse, you can collect your user or customer contact information and create email campaigns and automated messages and notifications depending on your customer’s behavior.
You can also create automated email campaigns using a drag and drop editor, HTML editor, or ready-made templates. Analyze the performance of your email campaigns using powerful A/B testing tools to decide which of your campaign designs is most effective.
SendPulse’s Best Features
Email Marketing Campaigns
One of the best features of SendPulse is the email campaign creator. You can easily create an email campaign with a drag-and-drop layout template editor, HTML editor, or template uploader.
The editors are easy to use to create beautiful emails for every device. SendPulse also provides email campaign templates so you don’t have to start from scratch. SendPulse offers 62 email templates for all types of campaigns that you can choose from and customize.
Once you create a campaign, you can easily view the statistics, including the number of emails sent, open rates by location, click map, percentage marked as spam, and percentage unsubscribed. You can also see what device a customer is using to view your email.
One of SendPulse’s best features is how it uses artificial intelligence to determine the best time to reach each of the contacts on your list. The technology can assess the contact’s interaction with your business and send only the most relevant and timely information to that contact.
Keep in mind that in order for the AI to work, you will need to send out at least ten email campaigns so that it can collect enough data.
With Sendpulse’s feature Automation 360, you can create email campaigns, web push notifications, and SMS flows based on events, variables, and actions that your users take.
If a contact has just signed up to try your product, Automation 360 can automatically send them a welcome email that they are more likely to read.
Subscriber Rating and Segments
With SendPulse, you can view the activity of your subscribers by segment, such as age, geography, or device. Note that this feature requires a paid plan.
How Much Does SendPulse Cost?
There are different tiers of pricing depending on how you use SendPulse. This SendPulse review has broken down the tiers of pricing for Subscription billing; there are also Pay As You Go plans available.
# of Subscribers
# of Emails
Up to 500
Up to 15,000
|– All of the core SendPulse features
– Try out the SMS campaign maker with ten free SMS
– No saved segments
1 – 5,000,000
$6.40 – $5,600
|– An expanded suite of email marketing tools
– Up to 3 users on your account
– 5 saved segments
1 – 5,000,000
$7.68 – $6,720
|– Full access to every feature
– Up to 10 users on your account
– Unlimited segments
1 – 5,000,000
$10.75 – $9,408
|– Maximum features for large enterprises
– Unlimited users on your account
– Unlimited segments
Pros & Cons of SendPulse
What are the Pros of SendPulse?
- Ease of use
- One of the best aspects of SendPulse is its ease of use. The design is user-friendly and the platform makes it extremely easy to create email marketing and SMS campaigns using a drag and drop editor.
- Users find SendPulse very intuitive and easy to learn, and setup takes only minutes before you can start making the most of the app.
- Unlimited notifications and subscribers
- Unlike other email marketing platforms, SendPulse supports an unlimited number of notifications, as well as an unlimited number of subscribers. You will, however, have to pay more depending on the number of subscribers on your list.
- Connect with subscribers at the best time for them
- In digital marketing, a high email conversion rate is incredibly important.
- Using AI technology, SendPulse does this by automatically sending content at the best time for each contact. If one of your contacts reads emails at 8 am, and another at 2 pm, SendPulse will automatically detect and send them emails at the right time.
One of the most effective ways to increase conversion rate is to send a message to your contact at the time of day that they are most likely to open it.
What are the Cons of SendPulse?
There are not many drawbacks to SendPulse, however here are a few considerations to keep in mind.
- Limited free plan
- One of the drawbacks of SendPulse is that some of its best features are not free. For example, you cannot use the Tags feature to tag your contacts, and you cannot save segments. The free plan also does not offer A/B testing. To access these features, you need to be on a paid plan.
- Pricing for features is not intuitive
- The pricing scheme for various SendPulse features is not the most simple. For example, the cost of an Email Marketing plan depends on the number of contacts you have on your list.
- You may think you are paying a certain price for full access to all features, but you will be charged more as the size of your list grows.
- There are also different pricing schemes for add-on features such as Email Verification and Landing Pages. Check out the Pricing page for more information.
- Lack of support videos
- While SendPulse is intuitive and easy to use, there are no support videos for when you need help and want to learn on your own rather than contact support. The Knowledge Base does offer plenty of help articles, however.
SendPulse CRM Integrations
SendPulse can connect with dozens of other applications to make your workflow more powerful and automatic. This SendPulse review highlights some of the most popular integrations.
- Highrise CRM
SendPulse CMS Integrations
SendPulse Other SaaS Integrations
- Facebook Ad Leads
SendPulse eCommerce Integrations
SendPulse WordPress Email Plugin
Sendpulse also has a WordPress email plugin. Using the plugin, you can create a subscription form and publish it on your site for users to sign up. All subscribers will automatically be added to your mailing lists in SendPulse.
Is SendPulse Legit? SendPulse Reviews
SendPulse is a G2 Summer 2021 Leader in the Email Marketing Software category and has an average rating of 4.5 with 82 SendPulse reviews.
Also highly rated (4.3 stars, 153 SendPulse reviews) on Capterra, and has a score of “Excellent” and a score of 4.3 on Trustpilot.
Here are a few things some people have provided in their SendPulse review:
- “Ease of use is probably its best feature. The whole setup took minutes, with minimal IT interaction.”
- “The platform offers 24/7 live support, great deliverability and detailed reports about opens, clicks and unsubscribes.”
- Unreliable web push notifications. “I think many web push notifications are not being sent out. It seems that there has been a significant decline in clicks over about the last month.”
Based on the numerous positive reviews online, SendPulse is a legitimate business and is safe to use.
SendPulse Review Verdict: Is SendPulse Worth It?
Based on SendPost’s features, pricing, and excellent support, SendPulse is one of the best email marketing platforms available on the market today. It is an affordable, powerful tool to power your digital marketing strategy.
Some of its drawbacks include lack of video tutorials and complicated pricing, however, the ability to bulk send emails and the useful campaign analytics give SendPost’s users a unique value that some of its competitors do not.
If you are a small or medium-sized business or blogger that wants to get the most out of your digital marketing efforts, SendPulse is absolutely worth a shot.
SendPulse Alternatives for Email Marketing
There are other sites like SendPulse that may be better alternatives for your digital marketing needs. Here are some popular alternatives to SendPulse.
|Email marketing, automations, landing pages, integrations and sign up forms||Intelligent email automation, email campaign management, and useful campaign reports and analytics.||Email builder, contact management, and powerful analytics used by thousands of small and large companies.|
|Free plan available – 0 – 500 subscribers + unlimited emails||Free plan offers unlimited emails and reporting/analytics. Premium additionally offers 5 user accounts, phone support, and landing pages.||Free plan offers based features and 6,000 emails/month. Premium plan offers up to 900,000 emails/month and access to all advanced features.|
|$0 to $146.15 per month||$0 to $205 per month||$0 to $20.95 per month|
Like SendPulse, Aweber also offers custom email campaigns, landing pages, and web push notifications. It also has tools for segmenting your audience, and automatically generating newsletters based on content from your blog.
The pricing is more simple than SendPulse; Aweber offers just a Free and a Pro plan. The Pro plan costs as low as $16.50/month and as much as $149.00/month billed annually, depending on the number of contacts on your list.
- An entirely free plan is available
- Easy-to-use software
- It offers a massive library of more than 700 pre-built email templates
- Tag and segment your subscribers to personalize your emails
Moosend offers intelligent email automation, email campaign management, and useful campaign reports and statistics. Small companies all the way to Fortune 500 companies use Mooweber, and enjoy its great support team and powerful automations.
One downside to Moosend is that it has limited third-party integrations compared to SendPulse. Pricing depends on the number of subscribers on your list, and ranges from $0 to $205 per month.
Mailjet is an alternative to SendPulse that is used by 150,000 companies around the world. Users can send up to 15 million emails per hour through its API. It also offers a great free plan that rivals SendPulse however some reviews have complained that the customer service was not helpful.
Pricing ranges from $0 to $20.95 per month; the Free plan offers based features and 6,000 emails/month, and the Premium plan offers up to 900,000 emails/month and access to all advanced features.
- Low prices: free option is available, paid plans start at $9.65 per month
- It only needs a few minutes to set up with no technical skills
- The advanced email editing feature
- Highly optimized transactional emails