DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
$0.50 – $3 on average per survey with bonus points ($1 sign up bonus)
Average survey length is 10-20 minutes and minimum payout is $10
Collect rewards in PayPal, Direct Deposit or gift cards (100+ brands)
$1 – $3 per survey + extra ways to earn up to $100 with focus groups
Each survey time varies, but on average it takes 15 minutes to complete
Redeem rewards using PayPal, e-giftcards or bank transfer ($5 min)
Earn up to $20 each month (20 – 500 points per survey + 10 for sign up)
On average it takes 10-20 minutes to complete a survey ($5 min payout)
Available in 40+ countries from the age of 14 (PayPal and e-gift cards)
20 Sites like Swagbucks:
Branded Surveys Summary
- $1 sign up bonus
- Earn $0.50-$3 on average per survey
- Average survey length is 15 min
- Pays by bank transfer, PayPal & gift cards
Branded Surveys is a San Diego-based market research company where you can get paid to take online surveys and polls. With Branded Surveys, you will primarily take surveys about products and marketing, but they are all high quality and easy to complete.
Some Branded Surveys studies even involve product reviews and video testing, which helps keep things fun. For each survey you take, you will receive between 10 to 500 points for 10-20 minutes of your time.
These points are worth $0.01 each, so you can expect to make $0.10-$5 per survey. You can also make $0.05 a day just by answering a simple, one question Daily Poll on Branded Surveys’ website.
Plus, Branded Surveys has a special loyalty program called the Brand Elite program. It’s designed to recognize quality survey participation.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up with Branded Surveys
- Earn points by completing surveys
- Complete a certain amount of surveys and advance to Bronze, Silver, and Gold tiers
- Earn weekly bonuses
Once you have at least $10 in points, you can redeem your reward. Payment options include Paypal, gift cards, donations to charity, and direct deposit to your bank account through Branded Pay (for US members only).
2. Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie Summary
- $1-$3 average earnings per survey
- Extra points if you screened out of survey
- Additional ways to earn up to $100
- Install Survey Junkie extension for bonus
Survey Junkie is on the list because it is the biggest survey website out there with 10 million active members. It’s free to join, and you mainly earn points for completing online surveys.
Each survey is worth 200 – 7500 points, which is equivalent to $2 – $75 per survey.
Additional ways to earn points with Survey Junkie:
- Sign up – 25 Points
- Complete your profile – 50 Points
- Confirm Your Email – 25 Points
- Take a “How it Works” tour – 5 Points
- Not qualified for survey – 3 Points
You can cash out your points by transferring money to PayPal, your bank account or by choosing an e-gift card as soon as you reach 1000 points ($10). Some see Survey Junkie like Swagbucks but better.
Not into just filling out surveys? Read on…
- On average, earn up to $20 each month
- Survey times vary – 10 min to 20 min
- Surveys are available in 40+ countries
- Only $5 minimum payout threshold
LifePoints is an app that allows you to earn gift cards or cash for completing small tasks including surveys. The company partners with researchers and marketers who need to collect consumer data.
So, as a LifePoints member, you’ll be invited to share your experiences and opinions about travel, shopping and services.
Here are all ways you can earn with LifePoints:
- Product Testing
- Daily Challenges
- Behavior Tracking
- Earn on the Go
- $5 sign up bonus
- Referral program – 30% that referral makes
- Most of the surveys pay $0.50 to $1
- 13 different ways to earn money
InboxDollars is a very popular cash rewards website that’s quite similar to Swagbucks, as you can get paid for completing a variety of simple tasks. On InboxDollars, you have many ways to earn money, including:
- Taking surveys
- Playing games
- Watching videos
- Clipping coupons
- Paid shopping
- Paid email
When you complete any of these tasks, you earn a cash amount that’s instantly credited to your account. Each activity pays a slightly different wage. But, you can expect surveys to pay between $0.25-$3.00 each, depending on their length.
All of the other options for earning on InboxDollars will net you significantly less, usually between $0.02-$0.25 each. Once you earn at least $30 in your account, you can claim your payout through PayPal, check, Amazon gift card, or ePayment (via Tango).
- $1 average earnings per survey
- Earn as much as $50 each month
- Rewards are sent in 24 hours
- Up to 30% for referred user earnings
More apps like Swagbucks?
PrizeRebel is a trusted survey site that has been in operation since 2007. It is very similar to Swagbucks in terms of the rewards available.
Rewards for each task vary from 2 to 200 points. Here is the full list of how you can earn rewards on PrizeRebel:
- Answer surveys
- Join daily challenges
- Watch videos
- Enter contests & raffles
- Draw lucky numbers
- Find promo codes on offer walls
- Install PrizeRebel browser extension
- Refer friends
- Achieve membership tiers
- Test apps
As soon as you earn 1000 points, you automatically reach the Silver level, after which the minimum payout becomes only 200 points ($2) for an e-gift card from, for example, Amazon or 500 points ($5) via PayPal.
Like to shop and save money? Read on!
6. Pinecone Research
Pinecone Research Summary
- High minimum survey payout of at least $3
- Get up to $9 for testing new products
- Quick payment, usually within 48 hours
- Low minimum payout threshold of just $1
Pinecone Research is one of the most highly coveted online survey panels. The company is known for its high paying surveys, which will earn you at least $3-$5 or up to $6 for a product test.
While this may not seem like much, since other companies pay as little as $0.25 for a survey, Pinecone is one of the top-paying sites. However, Pinecone Research is also one of the most difficult survey sites to join.
Membership in Pinecone Research is invite-only, so you can’t just go to their website and sign up. There are two ways to get invited: through a personal referral from another panelist or through an advertisement on another website.
If you get an invitation and qualify for Pinecone Research, consider yourself lucky. You will need to fill out a qualifying survey to see if you’re what they’re looking for.
Once you join an start taking surveys, Pinecone Research lets you cash out your rewards through gift cards, check, or PayPal. Overall, it’s a solid website, but Pinecone Research is very difficult to join.
- $10 sign-up bonus with your first purchase
- Earn $1 on average per survey you complete
- Over 10 different ways to earn money
- Pays by gift cards, PayPal & travel miles
MyPoints site is extremely similar to Swagbucks’ because it’s owned by the same parent company, Prodege LLC. Still, it’s worth trying this alternative.
MyPoints is probably the oldest rewards website, as it started up in 1996. For every 700 points you earn, you receive a $5 credit towards your chosen gift card. A total of 3500 points or $25 is required if you want to cash out via PayPal.
Plus get 1750 points when you spend $20 via MyPoints.
Interestingly enough, MyPoints also gives you the option of swapping your points for airline miles if you have a United MileagePlus account.
There are 11 ways to earn points with MyPoints:
- Shop online – over 1900 retailers to choose from
- Find Local Deals – discounts on Groupon and LivingSocial vouchers
- Read emails – earn 5 points per email
- Share your opinion – earn up to 400 points
- Watch videos – up to 500 points for each playlist
- Discover content – find new earning opportunities
- Find deals – at the moment MyPoints has deals worth 50,000 points
- Search the web – use the Yahoo search engine and receive up to 170 points randomly
- Print coupons – save money on groceries
- Play games – spend money playing games and receive 8 points for each $1 spent
- Refer friends – earn 10% of your friends’ qualifying points
All those points can also be earned on your Android or iOS mobile apps.
8. Vindale Research
Vindale Research Summary
- New members get a sign up bonus of $1
- Generous referral program for members
- Quick payment, usually within 24 hours
- Clear earnings system with $ amounts
Vindale Research is an online market research panel that gives you $1 simply for signing up. They are trusted by global brands, including Amazon, Netflix and Disney and is a similar to Swagbucks.
You can earn between $0.50 and $2 for completing traditional marketing surveys, but some surveys even reach the maximum payout of $50!
There are no points, just cash in your account.
You have to reach $50 in order to withdraw money via a PayPal account. This minimum amount may seem high compared to the amounts used by other platforms, but there are extra ways to earn money as a Vindale Research member:
- Refer friends – $5 for each friend brought to the platform
- Watch videos – $0.05 per 1-minute video
- Open emails – $0.10 for each interaction with advertisers’ emails
- Earn rewards via codes – $0.10 for challenges and polls conducted throughout the week
- Member photos – $5 for submitting your photo to confirm that Vindale has paid you your first payment (when you receive it)
Occasionally, skip scrolling throughout your Facebook or Instagram feed and spend time with Vindale Research instead and those small amounts will gradually add up ????.
9. Rakuten (Bonus Site)
- High cashback potential of up to 40%
- Earn cashback at over 2500 online stores
- 6 different ways to earn cashback
- Get $10 for free just for signing up
Rakuten is similar to Swagbucks’ shopping category. It’s also definitely one of most popular cashback websites out there.
To date, over 12 million Rakuten members have earned more than $1.7 billion collectively in cashbacks!
So how did they do it?
- Rakuten offers a cashback card with an extra 3% cashback included
- The Rakuten Button Extension is available for finding the best deals while shopping online
- Cashbacks are offered by more than 2500 stores
- Get cashback when you shop in-store at your favorite retailer
- Coupons are discounted up to 72%
- Some stores have cashback sales, where they double your savings
- Even when you book flights, hotel or car for your holidays, you can get cashback!
It gets better!
Refer your friends and get $25 once they make their first purchase via the Rakuten.com website. Plus, your friends will each receive a $10 bonus.
I don’t know how I shopped all those years without Rakuten…
Anyways, rewards can be redeemed via PayPal (minimum of $5) or a check (min $5) can be sent to your home address.
10. BeFrugal (Bonus Site)
- Guaranteed to have the highest cashback
- More than 5000 stores to get cashback
- Over 5 different ways to get rewards
- 6 different ways to cash out your earnings
BeFrugal goes toe-to-toe with Swagbucks and Rakuten in the shopping category.
You can shop online, claim coupons for restaurants, hunt for daily deals or earn cashbacks of up to 40% for online purchases at over 5,000 stores!
For example: “Buy 1, Get 1 Quarter Pounder or Egg McMuffin at McDonald’s.”
In addition, you get $10 for every friend you refer to the BeFrugal as soon as they earn $10 in cashback.
Clear your cashback via PayPal (min $0.01), direct deposit in your bank account (min $0.01) or check (min $25).
11. American Consumer Opinion
American Consumer Opinion Summary
- Easy to understand point system
- Longer surveys can pay up to $50
- Product reviews pay between $50 to $200
- Low minimum payout threshold of $10
One of the oldest continuously operating survey platforms in the United States, American Consumer Opinion started out as a mail-in survey service in 1986. Since then, they’ve entered the digital age and now allow you to make money online by taking surveys.
Once you have an American Consumer Opinion Account, you can take surveys on their site. Most survey opportunities are emailed to you and you can expect to get just one invite per month.
Each survey will earn you between $0.05-$50. But, while there are some well-paying surveys, they are not very common.
After you earn at least $10 with American Consumer Opinion, you can cash out through PayPal, gift card, or a charity donation. While American Consumer Opinion is a very reputable company, they just don’t offer as many surveys as other sites. So, you’ll probably want to sign up for a bunch of survey sites if you are looking to make money regularly.
- Average earnings of $0.40 to $4 per survey
- Quick processing time for cashing out
- Low withdrawal threshold of just $3
- Earn extra cash from other tasks
Zoombucks explains in simple terms how their platform works:
- Brands seek engagement
- Zoombucks recruits members
- The two meet online
In order for Zoombucks to achieve its primary objection, it asks its users to:
- Answer surveys – for 100 to 1100 points
- Download and test apps – for example, install, login and complete a short tutorial for 200 points
- Watch videos – 7 points per video
- Invite friends – 250 points
- Accept offers – for example, sign up for a free Amazon prime trial and get 1039.5 points
The nice thing about Zoombucks is that the minimum payout is only $3 (3000 points) for a gift card or through PayPal.
Give Zoombucks a try today and supplement your income!
Want something very much like Swagbucks? Try…
- Get $5 per device each month plus access to special surveys
- Pays up to $15 per user referred
- Minimum payout threshold is only $1
- Available globally
SurveySavvy is a paid survey site where you can earn cash money for your opinion. SurveySavvy is owned by Luth Research, LLC, a market research company that’s been active for over 40 years.
You have three main ways to earn money through SurveySavvy:
- Paid surveys
- SurveyConnect app
- Referral program
When it comes to paid surveys, you can earn between $1-$3 for every survey you complete.
The SurveyConnect app, though is a great way to make easy money. Basically, you make $5 per month for having it downloaded to a single device. You can download it onto your smartphone, laptop, and tablet, which will earn you $15 a month for a total of $900 a year!
Plus, their referral program is one of the best in the industry. When you directly refer someone to the site, you get $2 every time they complete a survey. If your direct referral refers someone else to the site, you also get paid $1 every time your indirect referral completes a survey.
The downside to SurveySavvy is that you only have one payout option: paper check. While you can claim your payout at a minimum of $1, you’ll still have to wait for that check to come in the mail.
- Earn up to $50 for a single survey
- Refer friends & get 10% of their earnings
- Surveys are short and easy to complete
- Earn extra cash from reading Panda Mail
Panda Research is the flagship survey and cash rewards website of A&A Marketing, Inc. The vast majority of Panda Research’s paid opportunities are surveys, so it’s not an ideal site if you’re looking to play games or watch videos like you can with Swagbucks.
When you take a survey with Panda Research, you can earn between $1.50-$3 each for 10-15 minutes of your time. While there are some surveys that will pay you up to $40 on Panda Research, these are few and far between, so don’t expect them often.
With Panda Research, you can only withdraw your funds once you reach the $50 payout minimum. Additionally, before your payment is processed, you need to call a verification number and speak to a representative. Then, your funds are placed on a 30-day hold and will be paid out either on the 1st and 15th of the month.
- Most of the surveys pay $0.50 to $1
- On average it takes 10 minutes to complete survey
- 6 ways to earn money
- Get paid by the 1st and 15th every month though Paypal
InboxPays is a cash rewards site similar to Swagbucks where you can earn money in exchange for time spent completing simple tasks. On InboxPays, you have a few ways to make money. These include:
- Clipping coupons
- Referring friends
- Reading emails
- Trial offers
- Spinning wheel
Clipping coupons and reading emails on InboxPays is pretty similar to what you’d do on other sites. You can expect to get a few cents (usually $0.02-$0.05) for each activity. The spinning wheel, on the other hand, is just a luck-of-the-draw activity where you can win big prizes in the jackpot sweepstakes.
When you refer friends on InboxPays, you end up getting 10% of their earnings when they cash out. So, if your friend makes $40, you will have $4 deposited in your InboxPays account.
As far as the trial offers go, you should be very wary of anything you sign up for on InboxPays. Most of these offers involve that you enter your credit card or PayPal information to get up to $75 in rewards on InboxPays.
Once you have $50 in your account, you can claim your payout. Currently, InboxPays will only process your reward through PayPal and will never pay you more than $50 at once. So, if you have $75 in your account, you’ll get $50 and the rest when you accumulate your next $50.
- High payout of at least $6.50 per hour
- Low minimum cash out amount of just $5
- Instant cashouts after the first 4 times
- Get notified of 1 to 2 new studies per day
Prolific surveys come from 3000 researchers and 500 academic institutions, making these surveys more interesting than the run-of-the-mill surveys concerning your occupation or income typically found on Swagbucks.
Prolific states that you will be paid a minimum of $6.50 per hour. So, if your survey takes 10 minutes to complete, you will earn at least $1.08.
Plus, you need to reach only $6 in order to cash out your earnings via PayPal.
From my experience, you will get around 2-5 surveys per week, so you will not become rich from this website alone, but it can definitely help you earn some pocket money.
- $0.50 on average per survey
- Expect up to 7 surveys per week
- $2.85 for each referred friend
- Redeem rewards in gift cards or PayPal
YouGov is a very popular online survey panel that’s known for providing members with a wide range of quality survey opportunities. To date, YouGov boasts 2 million members in the United States and another 6 million around the world.
After signing up, you can get started right away by filling out a profile survey that will earn you 2,000 points. Once you have a complete profile survey, you need to wait until you receive an invitation to complete other surveys.
These invitations are sent out based on your demographics information, so it may be days or weeks before you ever get a survey offer. After every survey you take, you will receive a certain number of points, which varies from survey to survey. While some surveys pay 10,000 points, others will offer just 5,000, or even less.
Once you earn 35,000 points, you are eligible to withdraw your funds. On YouGov 35,000 points is the equivalent of $25, so $1 equals 1,400 points.
You can claim your YouGov payout in a number of ways. This includes PayPal, charitable donations, movie vouchers, gift cards, and even Visa prepaid cards.
- Up to $1 per survey
- Pays 10% for user referred earnings
- Only $1 minimum cash out
- 330+ gift cards available
InstaGC, despite its name, has nothing to do with Instagram. Instead, InstaGC stands for “Instant Gift Card,” which is what you can earn on the site
InstaGC is a rewards site like Swagbucks where you can get a gift card in exchange for completing a small task. These tasks include:
- Testing apps
- Completing surveys
- Testing products
- Watching videos
- Surfing the web
- Referring friends
For every task you complete – the vast majority of which only take about a minute – you receive a handful of points. Most tasks will only earn you between 10-50 points, each. Every point is worth $0.01, so you’re earning between $0.10-$0.50 per task.
Once you accumulate 100 points ($1), you are eligible to claim your rewards. You can choose to redeem these points for a gift card, or you can cash out through PayPal, Bitcoin, or prepaid Visa credit card. But if you choose any option other than gift cards, you have to pay a 15-25 point fee.
- Earn between $0.50 and $5 per survey
- Short surveys between 5 to 25 minutes
- Get a $1 bonus for each referral
- Low minimum payout threshold of just $5
MOBROG is a German market research website that pays you actual money in exchange for your opinion. Unlike many other sites that are only open to US residents, MOBROG allows members from 60+ countries, so it has a very international feel.
Anyone with a MOBROG account can take surveys on the site for cash. But, there are no other options to earn on MOBROG besides surveys.
Each MOBROG survey will be worth between $0.50-$3. However, the amount you get paid depends on the length of the survey. You will know upfront how much you are going to get paid so you can always decide if a survey is actually worth your time.
MOBROG has a very low payout threshold of just $4, so you don’t have to wait to get your reward. Currently, they only offer payment through PayPal, but there is no waiting period like you’d find on other similar sites.
- Majority surveys are worth $0.03 up to $1
- Earn up to $25 for each person that you invite to the platform
- Operates on $ amounts (not points)
- Processes payments within 72 hours
Paidviewpoint surveys are short, and they pay up to $2 a survey.
Unlike the Swagbucks site, this site does not have a survey disqualification award. So, once you are invited to fill in a survey, you will get promised amount of cash.
It’s worth mentioning that they use the patent-pending Trustscore for their surveys.
Trustscore was invented to monitor the behavior of people taking surveys. People who answer quickly and do not take the time to read the questions will most likely not be invited to participate in many surveys.
Take the time to genuinely answer the surveys, and you will qualify for more surveys and earn more money.
Once your account balance reaches $15, you can collect your earnings via PayPal.
Ready for more?
Consider Swagbucks Alternatives
These are all great Swagbucks alternatives. I recommend signing up with at least a few of them to maximize the number of surveys you receive to fill out or the deals you receive while shopping online.
If you have not read it already, here is a link to the full Swagbucks review: Swagbucks Review: 18 Legit and Quick Ways to Earn Money .