Dollar Break is supported by readers to be with the goal of the ultimate practical resource for online money making. If you sign up or purchase using the links in this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
FlexJobs has an extensive database of jobs available for each area
It’s especially easy to sort and find jobs that work best for you
FlexJobs guarantees that all of its jobs are 100% fraud free
Real salary data from the 7.5 million jobs advertised every day
There are no registration or other fees
Get access to millions of job postings, including remote opportunities
They are selling a service at the price you set, not at your time
Fiverr allows you to remain anonymous
You can increase your Fiverr earnings by offering upsells to your customers
The 14 best translation jobs
Translate.com is one of the largest companies in the translation industry, connects and supports translators with customers over 90 languages.
To work with translate.com, do the following:
- Fill out the online form application
- Pass a language proficiency test
- You are ready to translate
If you have mastered at least 2 languages, you can work as a translator.
You can expect to make $ 2.5 to $ 5 per 500 word document.
2. One hour
One hour offers translation services in more than 120 languages and only hires experienced translators.
To become a OneHour translator, you need to follow these steps:
- Log In to join OneHour
- Upload your resume and professional references
- Pass a professional translation exam
Translation jobs at OneHour vary in price, but on average, you can make $ 12 an hour.
Tethras specializes in mobile app translation and recruits translators from all over the world. Tethras currently has over 6,000 published apps.
To begin your Tethras translation process, just follow these simple steps:
- First, to join Tethras team
- Next, take a language test
- Finally, get approved and start translating mobile apps
If you translate using Tethras, you will earn 5-7 cents per word. That said, if you translate an average of 1,000 words in an hour, you make $ 50 to $ 70 an hour.
TextMaster is a platform that gives you access to a wide variety of translation tasks. Once you have registered for text Master and approved, you can select only the tasks that correspond to your expertise.
To become a TextMaster translation freelancer, easy Log In and provide the required information about yourself.
TextMaster offers different types of tasks. For example, if you translate a 35,000 word annual financial report, you could raise $ 3,150. Translating a 1,200-word blog post about high tech could make you $ 96.
On average, as a freelance TextMaster translator, you can earn $ 0.10 per word.
Rev offers a variety of transcription services to its customers, including Subtitle translation from and to English.
How do I start using Rev to translate subtitles?
- First, Log In become a rev freelancer
- Next, choose your work from the vast database of videos that need subtitle translation
- Finally, translate the subtitles and get paid weekly via PayPal.
The amount you earn from translating subtitles varies from language to language. For example, you can bring 3 USD / minute, while the price of Spanish is 1.5 USD / minute for translation French subtitles.
However, Rev claims that you can make over $ 950 per month translating subtitles, regardless of the language you choose.
Unbabel is a tool that provides website owners with translation services for website content.
To become a translator for Unbabel, follow these steps:
- Log In and create your profile.
- Pass a translation exam.
- Do training assignments – you get a few unpaid assignments. When you get 500 points, you will be approved and become an editor.
- Finally, you will get feedback from other editors. Unbabel doesn’t check your accuracy, but rather focuses on how quickly you get the job done. However, the other editors review each other’s assignments and provide feedback.
As an Unbabel translator, you can make an average of $ 20 an hour.
Acclaro is a global translation company that provides professional translation services to its clients. On the other hand, Acclaro recruits translators for its wide professional team.
How to get a translation job at Acclaro:
- First select the translation job that is relevant to your specialist knowledge Translation job database
- After you select a job, click the orange “Apply Now” and fill in the application of
- Once you have completed your application, Acclaro’s recruiter will be in touch to guide you to the next steps
Lionbridge helps companies appeal to their customers by providing translation services. When you become a translator for Lionbridge you will be connected to positions relevant to your expertise.
How to become a translator for Lion Bridge:
- First sight open projects and choose the one that suits your translation skills.
- Then apply for the selected position with detailed information about yourself and your specialist knowledge.
- Pass the screening procedure. In this step, you may need to pass some qualification questionnaires.
- Finally, sign the agreement with Lionbridge.
Once you are approved as a translator, Lionbridge will send you translation tasks when available and you can work remotely.
As a Lionbridge translator, you can earn anywhere from $ 22 to $ 24 an hour.
9. CSC translation
CSC Translation is a Canadian translation agency serving Canadian governments, organizations, institutions and private companies ATIO certified Translation service.
In order to fulfill the translation assignments of its customers, CSC Translation regularly hires ATIO-certified translators for the following areas:
- Japanese translator jobs
- Spanish translator jobs
- Arabic translator jobs
- French translator jobs
- German translator jobs
- Russian translation jobs
- Portuguese Portuguese translation jobs
If you would like to apply for CSC Translation, simply contact us by email email@example.com.
ProZ.com offers you the large database of translation jobs.
To receive a translation job through ProZ.com, simply search the Open job database and apply for the appropriate.
Translator salaries vary as ProZ.com allows different clients to post translation jobs.
11. Translator Cafe
TranslatorsCafe is another platform that connects professional freelance translators with clients.
To get a job through TranslatorsCafe, do the following:
- to register Become a TranslatorsCafe member
- search for the corresponding job for your expertise
- And place your bid
The average translation price at TranslatorsCafe varies between $ 0.03 and $ 0.10 per word.
12. VerbalizeIt / Smartling
Smartling has acquired Verbalizet and offers professionally translated video subtitles in 150 languages.
To become one freelance translator for Smartling you have to registration form.
Once you have successfully submitted your application, the recruiter Smart compact is put in touch with you and take you to the next steps.
As a freelance translator, you set your own prices for Smartling and your earnings are based on how many jobs you get. Here’s the guide from smartling up price your services the best kind.
TheOpenMic is a community of professional translators and companies looking for translators.
To get in touch with people who need translation services, easy to register at TheOpenMic. Once you have registered, you will be given access to various translation tasks.
As a freelancer on the platform, you have the freedom to set your own prices. Accordingly, your total income will depend on how many tasks you translate.
14. Translation directory
Unlike other translation websites Translation directory is a huge database of translators.
TranslationDirectory allows you to list your translation service and set your own prices so clients will consider you when they need a translator.
Alternatively, you can search for specific. search Translator jobs such as Japanese translation jobs, Spanish translation jobs, etc.
Since you are a freelancer, the amount you make depends on how you set your prices. However, jobs already published on the platform offer various prices from $ 5 to $ 50 per hour.
What is a translator?
Translator is a person who converts information from one language to another in writing.
What do translators do?
- Read the original material.
- Research industry-specific terminology.
- Convert text files from one language to another.
- Make sure that the translated content has the same meaning and tone as the original.
- Corrected translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Communicate with clients to make sure the translation meets their needs.
What is the average salary for a translator?
You can expect to earn average $ 5,000 per month, a total of $ 60,000 annually.
How do you become a translator with no experience?
If you are fluent in at least two languages, you can become a translator without any prior knowledge.
Follow the following step-by-step guide if you have no experience to become a translator:
- Decide between which languages you would like to translate.
- Select a niche in which you want to offer your service – ex. B. Law, Medicine, Economics, etc.
- Do your research and learn the relevant terminology for your niche.
- Take a course – “How to be a Successful Freelance Translator”
- Volunteer to translate for free to build your portfolio and a base of satisfied customers who may refer you to their friends.
- Read this article to find the 16 best translation jobs and apply for your favorite job.
Is a translator a good job?
As we saw at the beginning of this article, a translation job is one of the fastest growing Career.
With this in mind and the statistics, becoming a translator is a good career choice these days.