DollarBreak is reader-supported with the aim of becoming the ultimate practical resource for making money online. If you sign up or purchase using the links in this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Best sites to earn some pocket money
$ 0.50 to $ 3 Average Per Survey + Branded Elite Program – Additional Points for Active Members
The average survey duration is 15 minutes and the minimum payout is $ 10
Earn up to $ 20 a month on average
Survey times vary – 10 minutes to 20 minutes
Surveys are available in over 40 countries
Most surveys pay up to $ 1. Earn up to $ 50 a month
Up to 30% for income from referred users
Rewards are sent out within 24 hours and the payout threshold is only $ 2
The 11 Best Places to Find Free eBooks
1. Google eBookstore
(Access to over 5 million free eBooks)
The Google eBook Store is an award-winning source for free eBooks. It is a service producer from Google Inc. and was formerly known as Google Book Search.
Due to its large number of eBooks (over 5 million), the Google eBook Store was able to rank as the largest eBook platform.
No matter your mobile device, Android or iOS, you can easily access the free eBooks library and save up to $ 20 on a book in the Amazon Kindle Store.
The Google eBook Store has a large selection of free e-books, from monographs, textbooks, dissertations and anthologies.
How to Get a Free eBook:
- Go to the Google eBookstore
- In the search box, enter the book title, author name, ISBN, or keywords. You can also do an advanced search to use filters
- Click on the book and have fun reading it
To download a free e-book:
- In the upper left corner of your user interface under EBooks, click ‘Free. ‘
- Click on ‘Download’ then choose the format (PDF or EPUB)
Enjoy some classics, bestsellers, new releases and customer favorites from the Google eBook Store for free.
Some of the top-rated books on the Google eBook Store are The Handmaids Tale and Nineteen Eighty-four.
2. Amazon Kindle Store
(Access to up to 3.4 million free eBooks)
Amazon Kindle Store is a well-known source of free eBooks operated by Amazon. It can be accessed from any Amazon Kindle, mobile app, or Fire tablet.
Since 2007, the Amazon Kindle Store has steadily increased its book volume to 3.4 million eBooks when it was officially launched.
How to Get Free eBooks from the Amazon Kindle Store
- Go to the Amazon Kindle Store on your computer or mobile phone
- Find your favorite book title or the author’s name and click the Go button.
- A new page will open with your selected books. On the product page of the book, you can see “Read For” free’ – for the free books or ‘Prime Reading’ for primary users.
- Your selected free eBook will be credited to your Amazon account. You can therefore download and read on your Amazon Kindle app.
The Bullet Catch and The Prophecy are some free books that are taking the lead in the Amazon Kindle Store.
Most of the popular eBooks in the Amazon Kindle Store are offered for free during the promotional periods.
3. Gutenberg project
(Access to over 60,000 free eBooks)
Since its gigantic launch in 1971, Project Gutenberg has bragged about being the oldest e-book shop. This platform offers 100% free eBooks.
Project Gutenberg has tons of free eBooks in its library that are available in HTML, EPUB, PDF, Plucker, and MOBI formats. And the free eBooks are not only available in English, but also in other languages.
How to get free e-books in Project Gutenberg:
- Visit the official website of Project Gutenberg.
- Find your favorite book in the search bar.
- Your favorite books will be displayed on your screen. Click any of your selected book formats to download an eBook, then click the “Download” button.
In the book library of the Gutenberg project there are different book categories such as:
Treasure Island and Ulysses are some of the best books in Project Gutenberg.
4. Apple Book Store
(Access to up to 30,000 free eBooks)
Apple Book Store is an Apple eBook library for macOS and iOS devices and operating systems only. It was formerly known as iBooks.
The Apple Book Store is mainly divided into two areas; free books and books on special offers. For example, it offers stable access to over 30,000 free eBooks directly in the free book section.
Some of the leading eBooks in the Apple Book Store are; The time machine, murder in an Irish village and Winnie the Pooh.
To get a free eBook in the Apple Book Store?
- On your Mac computer, download and install iBooks from the official website. And if you use an iPhone or iPad, you can get the iBooks from the Apple App Store.
- On your phone, click Store, then click Featured. Option – At the bottom of your user interface.
- Click on the ‘Quick Links’ at the bottom of the screen, then
- Choose “Free Books”.
- Search for your favorite eBook from the displayed eBooks.
5. Open the library
(Access to up to 3 million free eBooks)
Open Library is another well-known provider of free e-books whose primary goal is to “create a webpage for every book ever published.
Open Library has over 3 million free books in their catalog – one thing that sets them apart.
The Open Library has the following main categories:
- Business and finance
- Book by language
Free books on the site usually have a “Read” icon right next to it, while the closed books have a “Check Out” icon next to it. Even if you borrow a book, you only have a maximum of 2 weeks to borrow it.
To get a free library of eBooks in Open Library:
- First, log into Open Library
- To get your favorite book, enter the book title in the search bar. Get a book with a “read” icon next to it.
- Typically, you will need an e-book reader such as Adobe eBook Reader for these books.
You can access Literary taste by Arnold Bennet, The book-lover by James Baldwin for free and save up to $ 30.
6. Internet archive
(Access to up to 20 million free eBooks)
Internet Archive is an award-winning free e-book resource whose main mission is to provide “universal access to all knowledge”.
The Internet Archive library contains over 20 million books.
In addition, the Internet Archive provides easy access to over 410 billion web pages and 4.5 million audio recordings.
You do not necessarily need an account to use the Internet archive. All you have to do is open a library account.
To get a free library of eBooks from the internet archive:
- Go to the internet archive official website
- Click on the text icon in the top left corner of your interface.
- Then click on “Books to borrow”.
- Scroll down to get a book of your choice.
The Book of Answers and Letters to Penthouse IV are some of the best free books out there. You saved up to $ 30
7. Kobo Bookstore
(Access to up to 6 million free eBooks)
Kobo is a great resource for free eBooks with over 6 million eBooks in its library. This platform not only offers eBooks, but also audio books.
There are several categories of books in the Kobo Bookstore, including horror, fantasy, science fiction, and others.
To get a free eBook from the Kobo Bookstore:
- First, go to Kobo.com
- Find your favorite eBook in the search bar
- Open your book and enjoy reading.
Remember that in order to download a book, you must first create your account.
You can access Dark Webb, Cruel Money, and Schooled as some of the leading eBooks for free and save up to $ 40.
(Access to over 1200 free eBooks)
BookBoon is an academic platform sourcing academic eBooks with over 1200 free eBooks in their catalog. The books are not only in English but also in other languages.
It’s worth noting that BookBoon offers premium eBooks alongside free ones. If you want to access the premium eBooks, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial and save up to $ 30.
Some of the categories of eBooks in BookBoon are Management, Remote Working, Leadership, and Strategy.
How to get free eBooks in BookBoon:
- Go to BookBoon.com, its official website
- Enter your book title in the search menu and click the search icon.
(Access to up to 50,000 free eBooks)
Freebooks.net is another award-winning free eBook source with tons of free eBook resources, eBook authors, and free eBook downloads
This site claims to hold over 50,000 free e-books with categories of fiction, non-fiction, romance, business, and self-help.
To get free eBooks in Free-Ebooks.net:
- Go to the Free-Ebook.net official website.
- Then search for your favorite book in the search bar or search for it in the main book categories.
- Click on the book to open it
In Free-Ebooks.net the top rated books are; The eclipse of love and the secret cave. You saved $ 30.
(Access to up to 50,000 free eBooks)
Manybooks.net is a well established eBook resource with over 50,000 eBooks in their library.
Some of the genres in Manybooks.net include; Action, fantasy, romance, horror, among others.
How do you access the free e-books on manybooks.net?
- First, visit the ManyBooks.net official website
- Type your book title in the search bar and let it scroll
- Open your favorite book and enjoy. To download the books you will need an account with ManyBooks.net.
The leading free eBooks on ManyBooks.net are; Pride and prejudice and conviction.
11. Open culture
(Access to up to 800 free eBooks)
Another broad platform that offers free e-books and free audiobooks, free movies, free language lessons, and free online courses is Open Culture.
It has over 800 eBooks in its catalog with categories such as philosophical books, essays, and stories.
To Access Free Kindle eBooks in Open Culture:
- Go to the official website of Open Culture
- At the top of your screen, their various products are offered in Open Culture. Find the eBook option and click on it.
- Free e-books will appear in your user interface. You can scroll and search for your favorite eBook.
Here are some of the leading free eBooks; The generous player and the wizard of OZ.