DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
No fees for sellers – get paid more compared to eBay
Buyers pay no fees up $50 items. $5+ thereafter
Pay shipping fee directly to carrier
Sell electronics directly to Gazelle and get an offer in a minute
Get paid by Amazon gift card, PayPal or check
Regardless of the item you want to sell, there is free shipping
171+ million active users – no need to worry about traffic
Seller protections in place from buyers scams
Great marketing tools – only pay if you sell your item
10 Best Places to Sell Jewelry for the Most Money
(Up to 20% fees)
CashforGoldUSA is one of the best places to sell jewelry such as gold, diamonds, silver, and precious metals. They also offer competitive prices for your other jewelry such as chains, dental scrap, gold watches, old coins, chains, charms, and anklets. For instance, today, a gold necklace sells at $461.10.
CashforGoldUSA can buy even your broken pieces that contain gold, silver, and platinum. What’s more, you can get a wide range of services, including jewelry appraisals, free shipping, and fully insured options.
CashforGoldUSA has received an A + rating from Better Business Bureau and paid over $50 million to 300,000+ customers, and this shows the amount of trust it receives.
The appraisal process is simple and takes 24 hours after receipt of the jewelry pieces.
- Start by visiting the CashforGoldUSA website and fill a form.
- An empty, fully insured packet is sent to your address, where you pack your jewelry and send it back.
- After verification, the company sends you an email, and if you accept, the payout is through PayPal, check, or bank transfer. In case you don’t like their offer, the items are shipped back for free.
- Accepts various jewelry pieces that contain gold, silver, and platinum
- Offer competitive prices
- The appraisal and payment process is quick
- No shipping fees and items are fully insured
- May not consider unique or rare items
- Not suitable for pricey items worth over $5000
Cash for Gold USA Summary
- Up to $5,000 insurance
- Free shipping
- Price guarantee
- Quotes processed quickly
(Up to 18% fees)
If you’re searching for the best places to sell jewelry, Worthy has got that covered. The company accepts gold, silver, diamonds, and fine jewelry items such as rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and watches.
The company has insurance coverage of up to $100,000, and so you can sell your expensive jewelry pieces. The seller fees depend on the winning bid; for example, items worth up to $5,000 attract an 18% fee.
According to the Better Business Bureau, Worthy has an A+ Accreditation, and therefore you can trust them to auction your jewelry. Unlike CashforGoldUSA that bases the jewelry price after an evaluation, all you need to do is fill an application on Worthy’s website and accurately describe your jewelry pieces.
The steps are easy to follow.
- First, mail your jewelry to Worthy for consideration.
- The company grades the item and prepares it for auction.
- Then, you set the minimum price for the item.
- Payments are made through check, PayPal, or direct bank transfer.
- Offers competitive auctions
- The appraisal process is thorough and transparent
- Has flexible payout options
- Has a higher insurance coverage of $100,000
- The auction process can prolong the sale
It’s not easy to predict if the auction will turn in
(Get paid 120% of the purchase value)
Circa offers a rewarding customer experience to emerge as one of the best places to sell jewelry. The company offers to buy diamonds, watches, branded pieces, loose diamonds, antique jewelry, and more.
The unique thing about Circa is that you can meet the evaluators in different locations in North America, Asia, and Europe. Online sales are also allowed where you get a quote within two days. The prices are competitive, and your gold and diamond bracelet is likely to fetch $11,500.
Circa has been in business for 22 years, and in 2019, it merged with Mondiamo to operate as one company. With a BBB rating & accreditation of A+, your jewelry is in safe hands.
The entire process is simple.
- Fill an online form to schedule an appointment.
- Have a private meeting with an evaluator in your location. If none is available, you can sell to an online specialist.
- After review, you’ll receive an offer, and if interested, you’ll get paid via check, wire, or gift card.
- Allows for both online and physical sales
- Has competitive prices
- Accepts a wide variety of jewelry
- Have offices spread throughout many locations in the world
- Online sales can take up to two days
4. The RealReal
(Up to 15% fees)
The RealReal company ranks as one of the best places to sell jewelry for good reasons. You can sell countless pieces of jewelry options such as bracelets, brooches, charms, neckless, rings, and pins.
The selling process differs from most sellers since it uses data points to set the prices. Likewise, the amount you pocket depends on the selling price of the jewelry. For example, if you sell a watch at $2,495, you’ll get 85% of the purchase value meaning the fee is 15%.
In addition, RealReal has been in business since 2015 and has received an A+ BBB rating and accreditation.
The process may take a long time because there are no instant buyers.
- The first step is to become a member by signing up at the RealReal website.
- The team appraises and sets the prices for the items.
- If you accept the price, they upload the pictures of the items on the RealReal website.
- If someone buys, you’ll receive the amount less the seller’s fees.
- Allows fine jewelry sales
- Sellers can get high prices for the jewelry
- Flexible payment options
5. Cash for Diamonds USA
(No hidden broker charges or appraisal fees)
Cash for Diamonds USA is a sister company to CashforGoldUSA and is one of the best places to sell jewelry. The company can buy your diamond pieces such as wedding bands and loose diamonds.
The prices are competitive and vary depending on the weight of your diamonds. For example, you’ll get $3304 for a diamond carat within the range of 5–0.99ct.
You can benefit from free shipping, evaluation within a day, and better prices. Even though the company doesn’t have accreditation from BBB, the evaluators use industry metrics such as carat, color, cut, and clarity to come up with the best offer for your diamonds.
The process is similar to CashforGoldUSA.
- First, you need to fill a form on the CashForDiamondsUSA website.
- The company ships a package where you mail back your diamond pieces.
- The GIA evaluators check your items and, within 24 hours, contact you with the offer price.
- If you accept, you get paid via your preferred payment option.
- Appraisals are fast and take up to 24 hours
- Competitive prices
- Can accept broken pieces
- Quite limited to diamond pieces
6. The Diamond Valet
( Sell .75 carat or larger diamonds)
The Diamond Valet is a popular and one of the best places to sell jewelry. If you choose The Diamond Valet, you can be rest assured you’re dealing with a reputable buyer for your pieces of diamond. Unlike other companies, The Diamond Valet will also receive your accent diamonds.
Diamond Valet has a wide network of buyers, therefore, you can get a competitive price for your diamond. With a team of GIA-certified graders, you have a guarantee of transparency and accuracy.
The GIA-trained graders handle the evaluation, and the entire process is convenient.
- The first step is to fill an evaluation form from The Diamond Valet website.
- Then, a staff member contacts you via email or telephone call to confirm your delivery details.
- You’ll receive a shipment package which you can use to send the diamond.
- After evaluation, the company offers a price, and if you agree, the payout is via check, western union, or PayPal.
- The evaluation process is transparent
- Fully insured shipment
- Convenient payout methods
- The process can drag for many days
7. I Do Now I Don’t
(Up to 25% on VIP services commissions)
If you’re wondering where to sell jewelry at great prices, you can consider I Do Now I Don’t, which is one of the best places to sell jewelry. You can set your price and achieve a high price for your jewelry.
After purchase, the seller receives a commission depending on the price of your jewelry. For example, the commission for your diamond piece has a price range of $500-$5000 is 20%. Others include:
|Price range||% Commisssions|
|$ 5,001- 10,000||18|
|$ 10,001- 50,000||15|
|$ 50,000 plus||10%|
The BBB hasn’t accredited this company; however, it uses third-party-GIA-certified experts to verify your diamond pieces.
The buying process is secure; however, you must create an account before commencement.
- Sign up and register your diamond pieces.
- You’ll get two different estimates, direct and online marketplace offers.
- Upon sale, you’ll get a confirmation message, and payments are sent.
- Accepts categories of diamonds
- Has a secure and safe process
- Has a team of third party verifiers
There’s no guarantee of a sale
8. WP Diamonds
(Get an insurance coverage of up to $100,000 when shipping)
Even though WP Diamonds specializes in selling diamonds, you can also sell your designer jewelry, handbags, and classy watches. The company offers competitive prices, and there are no hidden charges.
You can ship your items within an insurance coverage of $100,000. The company has traded over $100 million and is BBB accredited with an A+ rating. Therefore, you can trust them with a fast and secure process.
The process is akin to CashforGoldUSA and doesn’t involve an auction.
- You start by filling a form on their website, and immediately you’ll receive a mail kit.
- Then, the team contacts you via phone to explain the sale process. After that, you can send your items for evaluation.
- You’ll receive the offer price, and if you accept, the company sends payment via ACH or bankers cheque.
- Accepts other items such as watches and handbags
- The insurance coverage is higher
- The sale process is quick and straightforward
9. Ruby Lane
(Service fee of between $6.7% on an item)
Other than selling your precious pieces to pawnshops, you can consider Ruby Lane, one of the best places to sell jewelry. The company accepts watches, jewelry, shoes, and pieces of highly-prized furniture.
The prices are competitive compared to most online sellers; for example, a piece of your platinum ring will fetch $3850. However, there are fees charged on items. For example, a 6.7% fee on an item capped at $250.
Ruby Lane has been buying and selling jewelry for 23 years and is accredited by BBB with an A+ star rating. Therefore, you can get value for your money by trusting them with your pieces.
You’ll get maximum support throughout the sale process.
- You start by signing up on the website. After verification, a price is set.
- The items are added to the website, and buyers can buy from there.
- Any interested shopper can add to the cart.
- After the sale, the company charges the seller fees and money sent to your account.
- The process is easy
- There’s a chance of getting a high price for your item
- Accepts a wide variety of items
- There’s no guarantee of a sale
10. 1st dibs
(Average order value of $2,500 plus)
1st dibs jewelry connects buyers and sellers of jewelry and is one of the best places to sell jewelry. You can sell many items on their website, ranging from antique rings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, furniture, and fashion.
The prices are competitive since the company allows you to set your preferred price. For instance, your Carat Diamond Band Ring can sell at $15,000.
The company is not yet accredited; however, there are many categories of items on the website. For example, the jewelry watches category has over 200,000 search results, which attests to a busy marketplace.
Because it’s a marketplace, the process is similar to Ruby Lane.
- To become a seller, apply at the 1st dibs website. You can send the items without incurring any shipping charges.
- After verification, the items are listed for sale, and once a buyer buys, you get paid.
- Buyers can make bidding offers on the items they want to purchase.
- Prices are competitive
- The company accepts a wide category of items
- Buyers can bid, and hence there’s a possibility of getting a high price
- It’s not accredited yet, which can deter some buyers
Selling Jewelry For Cash FAQ
Are There Sellers Who Accept Broken Jewelry?
Yes, some sellers accept broken jewelry. For example, CashForGoldUSA can take your broken pieces. However, it’s important to discuss with the company the status of your jewelry to avoid surprises.
Can I Make Physical Visits to a Jewelry Seller?
It depends if the company you’re dealing with has physical offices. Circa has physical offices from different locations, and you can check with the company if they have an office in your location.
Where Can I Sell Jewelry for The Most Money?
You can sell jewelry for the most money at:
- The RealReal
- Cash for Diamonds USA
- The Diamond Valet
- WP Diamonds
- I do Now I Don’t
- Ruby Lane
- Ist dibs
However, most companies first appraise the jewelry before offering the best price.