DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Best Sites to Earn Some Pocket Money
$0.50-$3 on average per survey + Branded Elite Program – extra points for active members
Average survey length is 15 min and minimum payout is $10
You can earn 20 to 500 points per survey
On average it takes 10-20 minutes to complete a survey
$5 minimum payout threshold with PayPal
Most surveys pay up to $1. Earn as much as $50 each month
Up to 30% for referred user earnings
Rewards are sent in 24 hours and payout threshold is only $2
15 Best Jobs for Introverts
1. Personal Shopper
Being a personal shopper for Instacart, your main responsibility is to shop on the customer’s behalf. Instacart offers two types of shoppers to its customers: in-store and full-service.
As an in-store shopper, your duties include:
- Shopping on the customer’s behalf and preparing the package so the customer can pick it up.
As a full-service shopper, your duties include:
- First, going to the desired store.
- Next, shopping for your customers
- Finally, delivering the order to the customer’s desired address.
Average salary: in-store shopper – $13/hour; full-service shopper – $7-$10 per order.
- Earn up to $20 per hour
- Bonus opportunities
- Weekly payments
- Flexible schedule
2. Scanning Products
While this is not a typical job, Shopkick is a popular shopping rewards app, through which you can earn free gift cards (Walmart, Target, Starbucks, etc.) or PayPal cash.
The ways you can earn rewards from Shopkick include:
- Watching videos through the Shopkick app
- Entering the store
- Scanning certain products without buying them
- Submitting receipts of your online or in-store purchases
- Referring your friends
What’s good, Shopkick allows you to redeem your earnings as soon as you have collected $2 worth of points.
- Get $5 Free by earning 25 kicks within your first 7 days after sign up with promo code: DOLLARBREAK5
- Possible to make $1 or more per trip to the store (meaning scanning multiple items in one go)
- $1 bonus for referring friends to download Shopkick app (up to $100)
- Gift cards from Amazon, Best Buy, eBay, Groupon, Nike, Walmart, Paypal, Sephora
3. Freelance Writer
Freelance writing is a great opportunity that doesn’t require you to interact with people. Your primary duties as a freelance writer will include:
- Researching the industry and the topic you’re writing about.
- Organizing and planning the content outline
- Creating the final content for blogs, websites, social media, Facebook advertisements, e-books, magazines, etc.
- Revising the content based on client feedback.
Average salary: $25 – $35 per hour.
Accountants also usually work on their own. Your duties as an accountant include:
- Auditing financial information
- Analyzing accounts and business plans
- Preparing accounts and tax documents
- Managing all financial transactions in a timely manner
- Making sure the company complies with financial regulations and policies
- Preparing budget forecasts and analyzing risks
- Handling company’s monthly, quarterly and annual closings
Average salary: $26 per hour.
5. Delivery Driver
Being a delivery driver is another option to consider. Your main responsibility is to deliver orders to customers within an hour. Postmates is one of the best options to start with as a delivery driver.
Your daily duties for this job would include:
- Accepting order requests within the Postmates app.
- Navigating to the restaurant or store where the order was requested from.
- Picking up the order from the restaurant or shopping on behalf of the customer in a supermarket.
- Delivering the order to your customer at their preferred address.
Average salary: $15.65 per hour.
- Work on your own schedule
- Earn min $4 per order
- You can make up to $1,500 per week
- Generous tips
6. Graphic Designer
Graphic designer job is another option to work alone. The graphic designer’s main responsibility is to communicate with the audience using visual arts that’s created using modern technologies.
Your duties as a graphic designer include:
- Thinking creatively and producing visual concept ideas
- Creating visual concepts and designs based on layout and aesthetic principles using softwares like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Corel, etc.
- Developing layouts and graphics for logos, websites, brochures, social media posts, advertisements, product packaging, ebooks, reports, print books, magazines, etc.
- Giving web developer or printing service provider instructions so they implement the design properly.
99designs.com is the best place to find a graphic designer job.
Average salary: $65 – $150 per hour.
As an entrepreneur, you can either be self-employed and build your own startup or be employed to manage a company. Either way, your main duties being an entrepreneur include:
- Planning and directing company operations.
- Setting company goals and managing its execution.
- Recruiting and managing human resources to execute company goals.
- Overseeing the company’s activities and improving its performance.
- Planning and managing marketing activities.
- Planning, overseeing and reporting the company’s finances.
8. Product Tester
Toluna rewards you when you share your opinion about various products or services. Your duties as a product tester would include:
- Taking surveys and providing your opinion about various products
- Accepting free full-size samples from Toluna and reviewing them on the platform to earn more
Average salary: $1 – $2 per hour, plus free products.
- Get paid from $0.01 to $15 per survey
- Receive up to 7 surveys in a single day
- Complete surveys on iOS or Android
- Earn extra money by playing games
Being a photographer is another great opportunity for you as an introvert. As a photographer, your duties would include:
- Thinking creatively and creating concepts for photos
- Choosing a location or setting up the scene
- Setting up photography equipment
- Taking photos
- Editing and retouching photos using Adobe Creative Cloud software.
Average salary: $21/hour.
If you’re skilled in mechanics, YourMechanic lets you accept orders via their Android app. Your duties as a mechanic would include:
- Inspecting the vehicle engine and electrical or mechanical components in order to diagnose the issue.
- Repairing, maintaining or upgrading the vehicle after inspecting its electronic and computer systems.
- Performing routine maintenance works to ensure safe functionality and longevity of the vehicle.
Average salary: $40 – $60 per hour.
11. Dog Walker
In fact, Rover allows you to start your own business as a dog walker. It lets you publish your profile indicating the services you provide along with your own pricing.
As a dog walker, your daily duties include:
- Taking a dog or multiple dogs for a walk (usually for 30 minutes or one hour)
- Picking up and disposing of dog waste during the walks
- Ensuring dog safety
- Reporting the client if the dog gets sick or injured
- Checking the dog’s water and food supply to make sure the dog can fulfill basic needs after walking
Average salary: $18/hour.
Editor is another good option when it comes to working alone. Your duties as an editor would include:
- Setting standards for online or print publication and establishing goals and expectations.
- Managing content areas for online or print publication.
- Suggesting topics and generating headline ideas for articles
- Overseeing overall layout, including design and photography
- Proofreading content for accuracy and errors
- Improving articles
Average salary: $20/hour.
13. Anything IT
IT is another great profession that doesn’t require you to have active communication with coworkers. Basically, any job in IT consists of being in front of the computer during the work day and working on your own.
Some of the most popular job titles in IT industry are:
- Web developers
- IT support
To develop or upgrade your IT knowledge and skills, you could take online courses. For example, Udemy features over 10,000 courses that can help you get a job as an IT professional.
Average salary: $6,300/month.
- Udemy markets your courses for you
- Passive income opportunity – you create and publish your course once and it sells for unlimited times
- Leverage the base of over 35 million online learners Udemy has
- Udemy gives you insights into your target market
As an investor, your job would be to put the capital to use for long-term gain. Investors generally generate returns on investment when the financial market moves in their favor.
Acorns is an app that lets you start investing with as low as $1 and provides a robo-advisor so you can maximize your returns. The app gives you the freedom not to depend on anyone and doesn’t require you to have contact with anyone.
Here are some of the benefits Acorns offers you as a beginner investor:
- With its educational content, Acorns is helping you to acquire knowledge regarding investing and make smart decisions.
- Once you start investing, Acorns lets you set your contributions to automatic, which saves you a lot of time.
- Acorns offers the Found Money feature. The concept of this feature is that it lets you build an investment portfolio when you shop with Acorns linked debit or credit card. When you make a purchase with the card, select retailers will contribute to your investment account in a form of a cash-back.
The average return on investment: up to 7% annually.
- Invests spare change automatically
- $5 sign up bonus
- $5 Min account investment
- Average of 7.5% return on your investments
Working as a transcriptionist is another good career for introverts. Transcriptionist’s responsibility is to turn an audio file into a text document and your duties as a transcriptionist will include:
- Listening to audio recording carefully
- Writing out the text document as you listen to the audio recording
- Translating any industry-related jargons into a long-form text, like medical or legal terminology
- Expanding shorthand notes based on the audio recording
- Ensuring the text you typed is aligning to the audio file 100%
Average salary: $15-$22 per audio hour.
16. Commercial Driver
If you own or have access to a commercial truck, GoShare lets you receive orders using the iPhone or Android app. Your duties as a commercial driver would include:
- Transporting freight from distribution centers to customers.
- Assisting workers loading/unloading products from the truck to customer facilities.
- Managing proof of delivery paperwork.
- Ensuring vehicle safety by checking mechanical aspects regularly.
Average salary: $85 per hour with your own truck.
Who Is An Introvert?
An introvert is a person who prefers being alone or with a small group of friends rather than big audiences. Being in public, especially when they have to network with others, drains an introvert’s energy.
Most of the time, introverts prefer to be quiet when they’re around too many people. As a result, everyone thinks they’re always quiet and it’s difficult to get to know them.
What Are Some Famous Introverts?
- Elon Musk
- Warren Buffett
- Bill Gates
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Barack Obama
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Albert Einstein
- J.K. Rowling
- Steven Spielberg
- Emma Watson
How Can an Introvert Get a Job?
Getting a job as an introvert in today’s world is easier than ever. Being an introvert, your biggest nightmare when it comes to getting a job is probably an interview process.
Fortunately, neither of the abovementioned jobs require you to pass a traditional interview. Rather you are reviewed based on your online application, basic background checks and simple competency tests in some cases.