2020 was a year full of new challenges and unexpected obstacles. Email marketers around the world responded in spectacular ways and adapted in the face of rapid change.
They have developed innovative ways to connect with subscribers and support them in times of need. And since other channels have had performance issues, you’ve achieved important results for your brands and customers.
It was a record time for Campaign Monitor customers and we couldn’t be more proud of your accomplishments. Take a moment to ponder some of your most formidable achievements over the past 12 months as we say goodbye to 2020 (and a good break for many of us!).
PS Are you ready to share your own 2020 recap? Start with our latest Ready-to-use e-mail template “Year in Review”!
Your subscribers have reached out to the inbox more than ever.
Email remains a reliable and reliable way to keep your community involved even in times of crisis.
- 416,422 marketers sent 30,660 billion emails opened in 192 countries around the world.
- Open rates increased by more than 20% In March and April year-on-year, shutdowns and restrictions increased worldwide. As other channels became inaccessible or unreliable, customers turned to email to find out how brands were responding to the crisis.
- More time at home brought the first shift back to desktop openings in years. The proportion of Openings on mobile devices decreased from 63% to 54% in 2020.
Find out in depth about COVID-19’s email marketing benchmarks.
During tough times, Campaign Monitor’s customers got smarter.
You faced the occasion with tenacity and ingenuity.
- Curious subscriber scientists A / B tested 148,450 campaigns, an increase of 63% over the previous year.
- Architect designed customer experience 47,484 automated email tripsand paves the way to immediate engagement and lasting loyalty.
- E-mail artisan made 730,468 fascinating custom email templates that lit up the inbox and stood out in the noise.
New problems require new solutions.
You asked, we delivered. Campaign Monitors customers took advantage of a number of new features and resources to tackle whatever 2020 could mean for them. Some of the highlights:
Jan – Pop-up forms
Feb – In-app deliverability guide
March – Update of the campaign page
April – COVID-19 Resource Hub
Can – Crisis templates
June – Unsubscribe from the survey
July – Campaign Tagging
Aug – Layout templates
Sept – My brand templates
Oct – New vacation templates
Nov – Link Review Tool
Dec – Coming up: Updated the user interface for lists and subscribers
We have your back.
2020 pushed email marketers to their limits. We were honored to be there every step of the way.
- 99% delivery rate for all campaigns sent
- Approved functions: 25
- Product deployments: 820
- Code commits: 13.010
- 99.9% app availability
After all, your success is the reason we come to work every day.
- 39,263 support cases were answered within 2 hours (on average)
Just like you, we work hard and make the most of the situation.
- 625 team members around the world switched to remote working, resulting in over 241,000 hours of Zoom meetings with very serious, 100% professional virtual backgrounds.
- Separated but not separated: We stayed connected with grooming packages, virtual yoga and fitness classes, digital master class events and competitions, and more distant happy hours than we’d like to admit.
- Raised $ 58,000 for the Australian Red Cross BushFire Appeal.
- In 1995 hot meals and 1785 sweet treats for the needy in the central business district of Sydney.
It’s all possible thanks to our incredible community of customers and contributors! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Email isn’t going anywhere, and neither are we. More than ever, the world needs the connectivity that only e-mail enables.
Look forward to a long list of new tools, resources, and inspiration in 2021, starting with our long-awaited Annual Email Marketing Global Benchmark Report.
Look out for it in early January!
What’s your 2020 story?
Share it with your subscribers today E-mail template for the reporting year.